Trabzon Express Tour
Places to visit: St. Sophia Museum, Gulbahar Hatun Mosque, Yeni Cuma Cami, Boztepe Hill
Duration: 5 hours
Departure from: Trabzon Port
- This is a private tour and includes a driver and a separate English-speaking guide who will accompany you into all attractions to provide commentary.
When you arrive to the port of Trabzon, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, in which you can relax as your private shore excursion.
Our first stop is St. Sophia Museum which was built as a church by the Commenos family on the 13th century, however it was converted to a mosque on the 16th century and then become a museum in 1957.
Then we will head to Gulbahar Hatun Mosque, built by Selim I Yavuz for his mother and it is still on use as a mosque.
Then you will continue on to the Yeni Cuma Cami, the “New Friday Mosque”. This building, actually older than the Gulbahar Mosque, was originally the Christian Church of Eugenios, which burned down in 1340. A new cruciform church was built on the same spot and later converted into a mosque after the Ottoman conquest. The building is adorned with some of the world’s finest examples of Ottoman calligraphy art.
Our last stop is Boztepe Hill which is a 740 feet hill located on the south of the town. Where the temple of Mithiras once stood, there are four sacred fountains left now and has a spectacular view of the historic core of Trabzon.
After all the visits, you will turn back to port of Trabzon.
- Transportation by A/C vehicle,
- English speaking professional guiding services,
- Entrance fees to sites and museums, Lunches
- 2 small bottled water per person
- Parking fees for the vehicle.
- Other alcoholic and non alcaholic beverages
- Personel expenses,
- Gratiuties to tour guides and drivers