Half Day Antalya Tour
Places to visit: Ancient city of Perge and Antalya Archeology Museum.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure from: Antalya Port
- This is a private tour and includes a driver and a separate English-speaking guide who will accompany you into all attractions to provide commentary.
When you arrive to the port of Antalya, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, in which you can relax as your private shore excursion.
Ancient Perge and Antalya Archeological Museum are excellent sites for understanding the lifestyle of early civilization in Turkey. Perge is the best example of a complete Roman city in the Pamphylian plain, founded by Mopsus and Calchas in the 13th century BC. Perge flourished under the Selecuid Kings, when the city was fortified for the fist time. In the Hellenistic period, Perge’s prosperity was made in the coin minting industry. Artemis was the city’s most important deity, and her image was commonly used in art and on coins. See the marketplace that was surrounded by shops.
Continue to Antalya’s renowned museum whose different rooms display a variety of pottery, coins, mosaics, sculptures, costumes, sarcophagi and numerous artefacts found in nearby caves. A nomad’s tent and several rooms from a typical Ottoman household showcase lifestyle eras of the region. A stunning mosaic from Xanthos depicts the infant Achilles being dangled by his mother over the River Styx. Other exhibits include Stone Age relics from the Karain Caves, and a comprehensive ethnographic collection.
After all the visits, you will turn back to port of Antalya.
- Transportation by A/C vehicle,
- English speaking professional guiding services,
- Entrance fees to sites and museums,
- 2 small bottled water per person,
- Parking fees for the vehicle.
- Other alcoholic and non alcaholic beverages,
- Personel expenses,
- Gratiuties to tour guides and drivers