Full Day Antalya Tour
Places to visit: Ancient cities of Perge and Aspendos.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure from: Antalya Port
- This is a private tour and includes a driver and a separate English-speaking guide who will accompany you into all attractions to provide commentary.
When you arrive to the port of Antalya, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, in which you can relax as your private shore excursion. Depart from port of Antalya and visit the ancient cities of Perge and Aspendos to view Roman and Hellenistic ruins. Perge contains ruins that date back to 1000 BC. The theatre seated 14,000 and its ruins are in relatively good condition. Here, worship of Artemis was far more important than that of the male gods, and the dominant motif used in art and on coins was Artemis of Perge. See the Basilica of Perge, the 2nd-century stadium, the Roman Gate located on the outer wall, the Baths complex, and the Hellenistic Gate. A colonnaded street stretches from the gate to the Nymphaeum, and the agora (marketplace) is a small rectangle surrounded by shops. Aspendos, the major port city in the Roman period, was founded on a hilltop near the Eurymedon River and later spread down to the plain. Only parts of the city have been excavated but the Roman Theatre is the best preserved in the Mediterranean. Its capacity is estimated at 20,000 people. From a distance you will see the remains of a marketplace, a basilica, shops and a Nymphaeum. Water was brought to the city through a spectacular aqueduct of which four long sections are very well preserved. After all the visits, you will turn back to port of Antalya.
- Transportation by A/C vehicle,
- English speaking professional guiding services,
- Entrance fees to sites and museums,
- 2 small bottled water per person,
- Parking fees for the vehicle.
- Other alcoholic and non alcaholic beverages
- Personel expenses,
- Gratiuties to tour guides and drivers