Archaeological Iskenderun Tour
Places to visit: Antakya Mosaic & Archaelogy Museum
Duration : 6 Hours
Departure from: Iskenderun Port
- This is a private tour and includes a driver and a separate English-speaking guide who will accompany you into all attractions to provide commentary.
Travelling south of Iskenderun, you will enjoy the beautiful countryside of the Mediterranean region before reaching the city of Antakya, situated in a broad river valley. This whole region claims a wealth of history dating back to Bible times and beyond. St. Peter chose to locate one of the first Christian communities in Antakya and the word ‘Christianity’ was decided here. Visit the Antakya Mosaic & Archaeology Museum with its famed collection of Roman Mosaics ranking among the best of their kind in the world and all excavated locally. The mosaics are in a state of almost immaculate preservation and the museum is one of the world’s foremost specialist mosaic museums. Then return directly to the ship.
- Transportation by A/C vehicle,
- English speaking professional guiding services,
- Entrance fees to sites and museums,
- 2 small bottled water per person
- Parking fees for the vehicle.
- Other alcoholic and non alcaholic beverages,
- Personel expenses,
- Gratiuties to tour guides and drivers