Archaelogical Fethiye Tour
Duration: 7 Hours
Places to visit: Tlos, Xanthos, Letoon Ruins
Departure from: Fethiye Port
- This is a private tour and includes a driver and a separate English-speaking guide who will accompany you into all attractions to provide commentary.
When you arrive to the port of Fethiye, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, in which you can relax as your private shore excursion.
Depart from port of Fethiye and drive to Tlos. The ruins of Tlos, an ancient settlement perched high on the hilltops that include an historical amphitheatre and rock tombs.
You will continue to Xanthos. Xanthos was the name of a city in ancient Lycia, the site of present day Kınık, and of the river on which the city is situated. In early sources, “Xanthos” is used synonymously for Lycia as a whole. The site has been inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1988.
You will continue to Letoon for your last visit. The sanctuary of Leto called the Letoon sometimes Latinized as Letoum, near Xanthos, was one of the most important religious centers of the Lycian region in Anatolia. The site is located between the towns of Kas and Fethiye in Antalya province of Turkey, approximately four km south of Xanthos along the Xanthos River. Archaeological finds at the site, which was never a fully-occupied settlement, but remained essentially a religious centre, date back to the late sixth century BCE, before the Greek cultural hegemony in Lycia, which began in the early fourth century. After all the visits, you will turn back to port of Fethiye.
- Transportation by A/C vehicle,
- English speaking professional guiding services,
- Entrance fees to sites and museums
- 2 small bottled water per person,
- Parking fees for the vehicle.
- Other alcoholic and non alcaholic beverages,
- Personel expenses,
- Gratiuties to tour guides and drivers